The Sustainable Development Report 2020, which includes the SDG Index and Dashboards, compares countries according to their:
- Performance on the SDGs
- SDG implementation activities
- Covid-19 control success
The report also provides an overview of the impacts of Covid-19 on the SDGs, and identifies priorities for a sustainable development-based recovery from the crisis.
The report was prepared by SDSN and Bertelsmann Stiftung.
- Scandinavian and European countries again dominate the top positions in the SDG Index.
- Covid‑19 will have severe negative impacts on most SDGs.
- All countries need to strengthen the resilience of their health systems and
- The SDGs and the Six SDG Transformations can inform the recovery from Covid‑19.
- Asian countries have made the most progress towards the SDGs since the adoption
of the goals in 2015. Asian countries have also responded most effectively to
the Covid‑19 outbreak.
- Solidarity and partnerships are critical to address and prevent health, economic,
and humanitarian crises.
- Data gaps and time lags in official statistics require urgent investments in statistical
capacity and increased coordination between governments and the private sector.