One of the most important contributions HEIs can make to achieving the SDGs is to provide all students with the knowledge, skills and mindsets to address complex sustainable development challenges through whatever path they choose in life.
This ongoing series aims to provide a forum for the higher education community in the Aus/NZ/Pacific region to share, discuss and connect across all disciplines around good practices, challenges and opportunities for scaling up education for the SDGs in our region.
Schedule of events
The series is jointly organised by SDSN AusNZPac, ACTS, and PRME AusNZ. The current organising/advisory group is:
- Rhiannon Boyd – General Manager, ACTS
- Usha Iyer-Raniga – Professor, Sustainable built environment, RMIT University
- Tahl Kestin – Network Manager, SDSN AusNZPac, Monash Sustainable Development Institute, Monash University (convenor)
- Kristen MacKenzie-Shalders – Assistant Professor, Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice Program Food Service Domain Lead, Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University
- Shahnaz Naughton – Associate Professor of Business, Victoria University Business School & PRME AusNZ Education Lead
- Mehran Nejati – Senior Lecturer, School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University & PRME AusNZ Education Lead
- Ray O’Brien – Head of Sustainability, University of Otago
- Jeannie Rea – Associate Professor, Arts & Education and Senior Project Manager, Planetary Health, Victoria University
- Geoff Scott – Emeritus Professor of Higher Education & Sustainability, Western Sydney University