Business people are invited to join a special workshop session on role of business in implementing and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Date & Time: Wednesday, 6 May, 4:00-5:30 pm
- Venue: The Hall, Level 3, National Australia Bank Building, 700 Bourke Street, Docklands
- RSVP is essential as places are limited. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In September 2015 the United Nations General Assembly is expected to approve a final set of universal Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for 2030 that will promote economic development, social inclusion and environmental sustainability. The SDGs will apply to all countries, including Australia.
This interactive panel discussion will explore what opportunities the SDGs offer for business, the role business can play in implementing the SDGs both at home and abroad, and what tools and guidance being developed to support business engagement with the SDGs.Panel:
- Alice Cope (Executive Manager, UN Global Compact Network Australia)
- James Porteous (Senior Advisor Sustainability, MMG Limited)
- Mark Joiner (Professorial Fellow, Monash University; former Executive Director, Finance, National Australia Bank)
- Geoff Manchester (Director & Co-Founder, Intrepid Travel)
- Robyn Leeson (Technical Advisory Committee, Global Reporting Initiative)